Some time ago I went through the various Content Management Systems (CMS) out there to find one suitable for by Users. At the time I ended up with Drupal, and spent several weeks finding and implementing a design, transferring content and adding necessary plugins to get the site to a usable state.
Then they released an necessary update for Druapl.
I tried three times to upgrade, and each time I was presented with no error messages just a blank web page. Each time I checked that I was following the suggested upgrade routine, and each time it failed. Time to admit defeat and move on.
It didn’t help with the fact that you had to disable everything to upgrade, and whatever idiot decided that you needed to do that for an upgrade certainly won’t win friends with a lot of web maintainers.
So back to WordPress. I’ve spent less than a week getting things ready. Being able to transfer the content has helped, and finding necessary plugins was easy. I’ve even managed to copy the design, or as close as I can get it. Yes WordPress has dome failings when trying to use it as a CMS, it doesn’t even search page content by default!, but it will suffice.
The by Users hasn’t been moved over just yet, but this will hopefully take place next week.
bye bye Drupal may I never ever have to work with it again.